Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrated Lumafix Pro
Hello.

I am thinking about this specification. When connected to the BemRacer, there is absolutely no improvement in image quality.
The image is identical to that of the VIC-II itself.
(2021-05-13, 02:34 PM)sebos Wrote: Hello.

I am thinking about this specification. When connected to the BemRacer, there is absolutely no improvement in image quality.
The image is identical to that of the VIC-II itself.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In its default configuration BeamRacer does not affect the analog video signal generated by VIC-II. To enable LumafixPro, please locate switch SW1 in the lower-right corner of the board, next to "LUMAFIX ON" marking. Enable the switch by removing orange protective film from the top and then move the knob to the right, using a pin or a needle.

It is safe to do it while the C64 is powered on, and the difference in image quality should be immediately obvious.

Next, please use trimmers PHI0 and AEC to fine-tune the circuit to the specifics of your VIC-II, motherboard, and analog-to-digital video converter (if in use).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow. I did turn the potentiometers, but this tiny switch completely escaped me.
Thank you very much for the explanation!
(2021-05-14, 04:32 PM)sebos Wrote: Wow. I did turn the potentiometers, but this tiny switch completely escaped me.
Thank you very much for the explanation!
You're very much welcome! One of the BeamRacer's core design concepts was not to affect how the machine works in any way until the user consciously asks for it ;-) That's the reason for the switch being set to off by default. I'll add a paragraph on the LumafixPro to the documentation so that it doesn't escape others too.